Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Pintucks in corduroy?

IMG_0065

This skirt was waaay too big, and dull. You can see where I had put a box pleat in the front but I didn’t like it very much so I unpicked it and started again.

IMG_0066

I saw this idea in Sew Subversive and thought it might work even though the cord is very bulky.

IMG_0086

I kinda like it. I sewed the pintucks down with contrast stitching so they face the middle and yeah, it is a little bulky but I much prefer it to how it was before. I might dye it a more chocolatey colour too because it is at the mousey grey end of the brown spectrum.

IMG_0087

Beccy from Wipster 

2 comments:

  1. Oooh, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a GREAT idea!
    Carrie from Whitt's Kits Blog here (you commented via the May Giveaway Day) and am your newest follower!

    LOVE what you did with the skirt...get's me thinking...

    Quilty hugs,
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete